Vaclav Trojanborn: 1907-04-24
Czech composer and schoolmaster. Studied organ, conducting and composition at conservatory (taught by B.A.Wiedermann,O. Ostrcil, J. Kricka). Later a pupil of V. Novak and A. Haba. Besides classical music, he also composed and played jazz. In 1937 he became musical director of Czech Radio; for broadcasting he composed cantatas and folk songs suites that helped to strengthen the national consciousness in the time of occupation. He composed a lot of scenic music and cooperated with director Jiri Trnka on animated movies.
- Scenic music (Zly jelen, Strakonicky dudak ...)
- Ballet pantomime A Midsummer Nights Dream
- Vocal music (cantatas, adaptations of traditional songs)
- Orchestral music (Poetic Suite, Sinfonietta amoniosa, Concertino for solo trumpet)
- Chamber Music (Divertimento for Wind Quintet, Piano Trio)
- Childrens opera Kolotoc (Merry-go-round)